EVENT DESCRIPTION & BACKGROUND
THE FAN DANCE RACE SERIES
The Fan Dance Series has a summer & winter edition as per SAS Selection and is made up of the following event/challenge evolutions in both Load Bearing and Clean Fatigue categories.
- * The Fan Dance Test: The original 24km SAS Test march
- * The Fan Dance Double Tap Challenge: two Fan Dance attempts over as many days
- * Fan Dance Exercise High Moon: A Fan Dance staged at night over an enhanced route
- * Fan Dance Black Edition: The Fan Dance followed by Fan Dance Exercise High Moon or vice versa. There is a rest period of several hours between the two
- * Fan Dance Trident: Our most demanding Fan Dance challenge. The Fan Dance followed by Fan Dance High Moon and then another Fan Dance.
- * The Fan Dance Woodhouse Edition: The original post WWII Fan Dance with three ascents of Pen y Fan via two new approaches and an enhanced route. Standard Fan Dance veterans only.
- * The P Coy Fan Dance: The original Pegasus Company Paratrooper Selection Fan Dance; disbanded by Airborne Forces over 25 years ago. An extended version of this test/event comes under the Steel Bayonet umbrella.
- * Blade Runner Ultra Series: An ultra-marathon of 50km staged in SAS Selection heartland, visiting many iconic and legendary landmarks and features from the world-famous SAS Aptitude phase, known simply as the hills.
THE TEST MARCH SERIES
These are our gold standard and very best events. Completion of the Fan Dance and a dedicated Training Day are prerequisites to qualification for these specialist tests.